This 1000 square foot cabin features a spa-like modern bathroom, a large King sized bed in the primary bedroom, a single-over-double bunk bed in the secondary bedroom, a full kitchen with all the basics you need to whip up an amazing meal, a comfy sectional and desk nook in the living room, and numerous other details that we hope you'll love. The open concept living room and kitchen looks out onto the expansive backyard and the picturesque lake. Hike, bike or kayak during the day, roast hot dogs at our lakeview firepit for supper, and then enjoy our free WiFi and board games at night. Our cabin is only a 10 minute drive to the town of Stony Plain where you can find grocery stores, quaint local shops and restaurants, and it's only 35 minutes to West Edmonton Mall if you want a taste of the city life.Guest access
You may park up to two vehicles for free in our driveway. There is no public transportation in the area, so you will need to travel here with your own vehicle. The closest gas station and small convenience store is a 5 minute drive away at Beach Corner, and you will find all amenities a 10 minute drive away in the Town of Stony Plain.Additional notes
• we allow ONE dog under 50 lbs per stay for an additional $50/stay - please disclose this at checkout so that we can have our pet amenities ready for you & charge our pet fee to cover our extra cleaning costs; a signed pet waiver will be required before your stayGuest interaction
• maximum 5 registered guests are allowed on the property at any time. We do not allow unregistered guests or parties of any kind.
• there is a 12km/hr speed limit on the lake and the shore has to remain natural (it has reeds & mud) to protect our wildlife
• we have a floating dock. Please be careful walking on it as it has some movement!
• YES, you can swim in Spring Lake in the summer months, and we recommend taking a floatie out to the deeper, clearer parts of the lake and always rinsing off afterwards
• we have an XL men's, L & M women's and Youth life jackets you can borrow, but please bring your own if you want to go in the water and require different sizes
• the back yard is expansive, but note that it is NOT fenced at this time
• please ensure you are monitoring pets and children at all times lakeside
• we have a security camera at the front of the property
We are available by text, phone or message to help you at any point during your stay. In case of emergencies, we live nearby and can help you in person.Neighborhood overview
The quaint village of Spring Lake is situated on the shores of Spring Lake.Getting around
Once named Edmonton Beach, this small & serene community is jam-packed with opportunities for the nature-lover! Spring Lake is proud of all its natural wildlife and peaceful atmosphere. That’s why there’s a 12km/hr speed limit on the lake and careful protection of the natural shorelines.
YES, you can swim in Spring Lake in the summer months! We recommend taking a floatie out to where the water is deeper and we always rinse off afterwards. The lake’s also perfect for watersports like SUP (stand up paddleboarding), kayaking, canoeing and fishing. The lake is stocked with trout and features hundreds of varieties of waterfowl and birds. We’ve seen everything from pelicans to beavers while kayaking!
You will need a vehicle to travel to and around Spring Lake, but there are many walking trails around the lake and nearby.
Nearby Hasse Lake is an 8 minute drive away and features a day use area, a hiking trail and fire pits.
While Spring Lake itself doesn’t have any stores, the town of Stony Plain is only a 10 minute drive away and there you’ll find adorable local shops, delicious restaurants, and grocery stores.
If you wish to drive a little further, West Edmonton Mall is only 35 minutes East and it’s a fantastic place to shop and get a taste of Edmonton city life.
Want to visit the Rocky Mountains? Jasper National Park is just over a 3 hour drive West from Spring Lake.